Monday, April 25, 2011

Flying Over Kansas

It's finished!!!  And already claimed by a child. ;)


Finished Size: 56" x 56"
Fabric:
Browns from dark to light: Kona Coffee, Kona Mocha, Kona Stone, Kona Champagne
Greens from dark to light: Kona Forest, Kona Grass Green, Bella Pistachio, Kona Green Tea
Pattern: adapted from Modern Quilt Workshop


Binding Fabric: Hooty Hoot Kangaroo Stripes Green from Riley Blake


Backing Fabric: a flannel from the All Star 2 line from Riley Blake


Free motion quilted with Gutterman 100% polyester color #525.  I even included my "label" in the quilting.

Things I learned:
1) piecing curves is nothing to be afraid of
2) puckers in the backing disappear when you wash the quilt
3) so do perceived mistakes in the quilting
4) I really need to make a bed quilt for Kristine so I can keep my quilts

1 comment:

Lois said...

Beautiful, Sonia. You are an artist!